Our Favorite Hair Products

on
Sunday, October 2, 2016
Not only do we love makeup and skin care, we LOVE hair care as well! Both of us worked at a wholesale beauty supply store for some time and learned the ins and outs of professional hair care and how important it is. We both have chemically treated hair and do our best to keep our hair healthy. We wanted to share with you our very favorite hair care products and why we love them!

                                       

 Bre's Favorites:

Hair oils are huge right now, almost every hair care brand has a version of their own. I have tried many of them, but the Moroccanoil treatment oil is the original and by far the best. It is conditioning and creates silky, shiny and over all healthier hair. It can be used on wet or dry hair, I prefer to use it on wet. I apply it to the mid-lengths and ends of my hair, I love this and use it everyday! This is the original, there is a light version if you have fine hair.
Olaplex has revolutionized the hair industry over the last couple of years. If you get your hair chemically treated and your stylist isn't using Olaplex, you are missing out! The core of the line is made up of two products that are used during and immediately after a chemical service in the salon. The products multiply the bonds in your hair, which then stops breakage and the damage that bleach normally leaves your hair with. To put it simply, it allows stylists to lighten hair without any damage. Which has been unheard of until these products hit the market. The product I have here is their "take home" product. It is basically a deep conditioner using the same technology as the salon products. I put this in wet hair, comb it through, put my hair into a bun and sleep with it in. It is seriously amazing! I highly recommend it if you get highlights or any sort of lightening services.
This mist is by Alterna, and it is the Caviar miracle multiplying mist. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "miracle" product, but I do love it! My hair is so silky, it is almost to a fault.. it lays so flat on my head and has no volume. So the way that I like to use this is spraying it mostly on my roots and upper half of my head. It creates body, a little lift, and roughens up my roots a bit. Unlike most root lifting products, it doesn't make my hair feel sticky, or like there is a build up of product in it!




As for shampoo and conditioner, I have a lot of favorites! I like to switch it up with these and go back and forth, rather than using the same ones repeatedly. All of them are sulfate free, which is important because sulfates are a harsh detergent that strip your color if you have color treated hair.These are a few that I rotate between. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and conditioner, Alterna Caviar Moisture shampoo and conditioner, and Kevin Murphy Young Again wash and rinse!



Kait's Favorites:



Currently my hair is blonde, and all thanks to bleach! While my awesome stylist uses Olaplaex during the process, my hair doesn't like a 40 volume developer, period. I have fine textured hair, but quite a bit of it and my ends tend to fray quite a bit after a color process. I absolutely LOVE this Living Proof Instant Repair Lotion. I put this in my damp hair after the shower before blow drying. It makes my ends feel smooth and healthy and it doesn't weigh my fine hair down at all.
For the longest time, I haven't been a huge fan of volumizing products because of the way they made my hair feel. Turns out, I was just using the wrong products! This is a super subtle, light-weight spray volumizer that has a light fresh scent and just gives my hair a little bounce but still leaves it soft and easy to work with. I haven't tried many other spray volumizers but I would absolutely buy this again. You can find it here.
This has been a favorite of mine for a VERY long time. I am not a big hairspray person because I hate having any crunch in my hair. This Kenra Platinum Working Spray is the absolute best hairspray I have ever used. Not only does it smell like candy, it just gives your hair a perfect lift and hold without feeling at all like hairspray. The more you use, the more hold you get. Sometimes I use it just to fluff up my hair a little bit and also to give my hair that sweet smell. This stuff is gold and if you haven't tried it, it's worth every single penny! It also works great before curling your hair to help your hair hold a curl. If you feel like you put too much in, you just shake your hair out a little bit and that seems to release some of the product and your hair will feel soft and smooth again.
This is the best leave-in moisturizer I've ever used, and I've tried A LOT of leave-in treatments and conditioners. Made by Bumble and Bumble, they call it an Invisible Oil Hair Primer. This one is infused with light-weight hair oils and leaves my hair feeling so soft and smooth and healthy. It has the most amazing light and fresh scent that you get addicted to! It does not weigh my fine hair down at all and I even am able to mix it with the repair cream I listed above without feeling too much product in my hair. This is now an everyday product for me and one that I can't go without! You can find it here.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment