Isla's Nursery

on
Sunday, September 25, 2016
 

Isla's Nursery

Today I am happy to share my daughter, Isla's, nursery with you! Her nursery is one of my favorite rooms in our place. It is so sweet and girly, and I love all of the little details of the space.

Starting with the center piece of the room, her crib. I chose to do all white furniture for her room. I wanted to keep the room light and bright and the white does that. Plus, knowing that she would have the furniture for years to come, I knew it would match any theme we did in the future! I remember when I was a little girl, I had a canopy over my bed and I LOVED it, I had it for years. That is what inspired me to do the canopy over her crib. I think it's unique and adds a chic girly-ness to her room. Also, having something that high up in the ceiling really draws the eyes up when you enter her room, in tern, making the room appear bigger than it really is. The canopy is from Target, there are also lots of options on Wayfair. Staying with the simplicity, her bedding is all white. It is by the brand Living Textiles, found at Nordstrom. The crib itself is by Graco. It converts into a daybed, and then into a headboard for a full/queen size bed. I would definitely recommend getting a crib that converts like this one, they are a little bit pricier but it saves you from having to purchase furniture down the line when babies grow out of the crib!
Her dresser is also by Graco. If I could go back, I would have shopped around more for a dresser. I do love this one and the detail it has on the top back edge, but the drawers are TINY. Baby clothes are pretty small themselves so right now it isn't a huge deal, but I can see it becoming an issue as she gets bigger and into toddler clothing. But, overall, I am happy with it. It's really sturdy and the top surface is a good size! The lamp is from Target. The "Oh baby" sign is handmade by a dear friend in town, Melody. She makes so many cute signs and there is another one in Isla's room that you will see in pictures below. If you want her info feel free to contact me, she personalizes them too! I bought the little pink round metal tray at Target also, I use it to hold her little security blanket animal and a couple stuffed animal rattles. The owl is a nightlight/sound machine by Skip Hop. I LOVE this owl, it plays daytime play songs, lullaby's and white noise. It has a nightlight on the belly and it also has tiny projector that shines stars onto the wall or ceiling!
 These prints are another favorite of mine in the room! These are hand painted watercolors that I bought off of Etsy. They didn't come in the frames, I found those at TJ Maxx. The paintings are so beautiful and bright, and I just love that the animals bring the theme of Isla's African roots to the room.
As you can see, I love stuffed animals! The brand Jelly Cat are my favorite, they are so so soft and every design is so cute. The pink bunny, small puppy, kitty, hedgehog, and big puppy are all by them! The pink elephant is from Dillards. And for the most beautiful stuffed animal, with her long lashes and gold nose, is the swan. I go this from Pottery Barn Kids. The sign on the top shelf is another one from Melody, it has Isla's name, birthdate, weight and other cute things.
 I love her little knickknacks...
Lastly is her changing table. If you're a mom, you know how much time is spent here! I thrive on organization, so I got these baskets from Target to keep things as organized as possible. I keep burp cloths in the far left, bibs in the next, third basket is her "medicine cabinet", things like thermometer, gas drops, baby Tylenol, nail clippers, saline nose wipes etcetera. The bin on the far right has her body lotion, Noodle and Boo is my absolute favorite, and the Honest Co Lavender is another good one. Sunscreen and other toiletries are also in there. The canvas bin on the top of the changing table holds diapers, wipes, Honest Co baby powder, and the Honest Co lavender hand sanitizer. Then, on the bottom shelf, I just keep stocked with wipes, Kirkland from Costco, and Huggies which are our favorite diapers.
I hope you guys enjoyed the peek into my baby girl's nursery! I had so much fun putting it together! It's the perfect oasis for my little princess. Before long I am going to have to find a place to put toys, right now she obviously doesn't "play" with much, but that will be coming before I know it and I will need to add something in here to house all the toys! I also want to get curtains put up eventually too.
If I left anything out and you want specifics on something, just comment below. Thanks so much for stopping by! XO, Bre
2 comments on "Isla's Nursery"
  1. Thanks for the "plug" Bre. As usual, your style is impeccable and you are so organized! Love, love love Isla's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "plug" Bre. As usual, your style is impeccable and you are so organized! Love, love love Isla's room!

    ReplyDelete