Our Beauty Favorites

on
Friday, September 23, 2016

OUR BEAUTY FAVORITES


We love all things beauty and are constantly trying new products and buying new things. But, like any girl, we have our staples and our favorites that we buy over and over, the things we can't live without. We wanted to each share our top 5 favorite products with you and why we love them so much!

Kait's Favorites

 I'm going to start with my all-time favorite thing, my Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation. I have tried so many foundations and while there are a couple others I like, there is nothing like this one. I have combination/oily skin and have a lot of discoloration from past acne problems and picking at my skin. I have quite a bit of redness around my nose and on my forehead also. This foundation covers everything. So much so, that the only concealer I use is for my under eyes to brighten them up a bit. It is a matte finish, but won't show any dry patches like some matte foundations do. It stays on all day, even when my skin gets oily. I set it with Clinique Stay Matte Powder which is very sheer and gives me a little extra oil control throughout the day.
Next is my favorite eyeshadow palette, the Tarte Tartlette In Bloom Palette. This palette has the most beautiful, warm-toned, earthy shades. The shimmer shades in this palette are my absolute favorite and the dark maroon-ish plum color is so pretty on brown eyes. You can create a super natural look with this palette or a dark smoky eye and anywhere in between. The matte shades are super pigmented while the shimmer shades are buildable, the more you put on the more shimmer you get. It also has 2 great liner shades, one being a very dark, almost black, brown and the other is a perfect espresso brown.
If you have never tried anything from Lush Cosmetics, you are missing out! My favorite product from them is the Lush Cosmetics Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. This is my most favorite body moisturizer I have ever used. It has the best rose scent and the best part about it is you apply it on wet skin in the shower and then lightly rinse off. I've made it part of my shower routine which is so much easier than applying a lotion all over my body when I get out on dry skin. A little bit goes a long way and it leaves your skin feeling so soft and the smell lasts on your skin all day. I have used this on dry skin and it definitely works, but will feel a little oily since it's meant to be rinsed off.
This is the first tube of this mascara that I've ever bought, which tells you how great it is because I have already declared it my favorite. The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara gives my lashes so much volume and thickness and the best thing about it is that it doesn't clump up my lashes, it feathers them perfectly. Something that drives me crazy with some mascara is how hard it is to wash off in the shower, this one comes off easily with my face wash but it also lasts on my lashes all day long.


The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is the absolute best liquid liner. I have tried numerous different brands and I always come back to this one. My favorite part about it is that it has a matte finish. Other brand I've tried have a sheen or a glossy finish and I am really not a fan of that, especially in photos. This goes on so smoothly and has the perfect felt tip and makes it so easy to get a perfect wing. It is very affordable too especially for the quality you get.



Bre's Favorites

The Anastasia Brow Definer is something that I never go a day without using! I have naturally dark brows, but I use this to fill in any areas that are sparse to give a full, but still natural look. It has the product on one end and the other end is a spoolie, which is so convenient! The color I use is Medium Brown. No matter if you wear a lot of makeup or minimal makeup, I think everyone can use this product because full brows create such a beautiful frame to any face.
My next favorite is the Lorac Alter Ego Lip Gloss in the shade Socialite. It is the prefect nude pink! It's a very opaque and high shine gloss, as you can see from the swatch below. It has really good staying power, I usually reapply every hour or two. I love wearing this color regardless if I have much makeup on at all since it is a pretty neutral color, it gives a good pop on the lips without being too much.
Next is the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. I use this under my eyes to cover any darkness as well as a spot concealer for blemishes. When used under my eyes I only need to use a small amount, it's full coverage and blends really easy. I usually apply it with a damp beauty blender, but if I am in a big rush I just use my finger tips and it still applies nicely! This does not crease on me and stays put all day long.
YSL came out with a new lip product recently, the Vinyl Cream Lip Stains. This is shade 407, a dusty rose. These are unlike any lip product that I have tried! The texture is pretty thin, but feels so smooth and silky. It isn't sticky or drying, it's the perfect consistency. As you can see in the swatches below, the color is so beautiful, especially for fall! Thank you Kait for the perfect birthday gift!
My last favorite for today is a skin care product. I am always searching for the best cleansers! I love this one by Glamglow, the Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser. I have oily acne prone skin so this is great for me because the charcoal draws out impurities and clarifies my pores. Its unique because it is almost like a cleanser and mask in one. You apply it to dry skin, then I let it sit for a couple minutes! After a minute or two, take warm water on your hands and rub onto your face to create a lather, then rinse off. It has a nice tingly/cooling effect and leaves my skin super soft!

 SWATCHES

We both have very different skin tones. While Bre has a medium skin with a light olive undertone, Kait has a light to medium complexion with some yellow undertones. We did swatches on each of our arms of the Tart Tartlette In Bloom palette so that you can see what the shades look like on different skin tones.

Tarte In Bloom Palette on Bre's skin 

Tarte In Bloom Palette on Kait's skin
Nars Concealer, Anastasia Brow Pencils in Medium Brown and Caramel, Lorac Gloss, and YSL Vinyl Cream Gloss on Bre's skin




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment