October Beauty Favorites

on
Monday, November 7, 2016

October Beauty Favorites

As the seasons change, so does our makeup and skin care routine. While we have our everyday go-to products, we find ourselves using slightly different or new products each month. So that brings us to our October Beauty Favorites! Links to each product online will be included!

Kait's Favorites:


1. Lorac Cue the Confetti Highlighter & Blush Palette
I bought this limited edition holiday palette from Lorac at Ulta this month and have completely fallen in love with it. It cost me $30 and comes with 3 blushes and a bronze highlighter. I haven't had the chance to use the highlighter yet, but I have used all 3 blushes and the color payoff and color variety is perfection. Tinge is by far my favorite, which is the top right shade. It's a beautiful, neutral, soft pink color and would work great for any skin tone. Technicolor is the bottom left shade and is a perfect peachy-pink. This color looks amazing with a bronze eye look! Vivid is the bottom right shade and is a very bright, orchid pink color. I used this paired with a smoky eye for a pretty dramatic look, but loved it so much! For $30, you cannot go wrong with this palette and I suggest you get it before it sells out!

2. Best Damn Beauty Lip Mask
I have been a Nicole Guerrero for years now and have watched almost all of your YouTube tutorials. Her personality and free spirit is magnetic and you can't help but love her! When she first announced the launch of her skin care line Best Damn Beauty, I was so excited to try a few products. Life got in the way, I got married, had a baby and hadn't even thought about this line for a couple years. However, this October I began following their Instagram page and have seen a couple other Instagram beauty gurus raving about her products so I caved and bought her lip mask. It is INCREDIBLE. I have very dry lips that are almost always peeling, but this mask makes lips so soft and lustrous. It smells like roses and is amazing to use before applying a liquid lipstick. I paid $40 for  the double pack and will absolutely be buying it once I run out. It's now a product I won't be able to live without!

3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
I have been using Anastasia's brow wiz pencil for quite awhile, but I decided to buy a couple shades of their Dipbrow Pomade to try out because I see it used SO often in makeup tutorials. I bought the shade Soft Brown and also Medium Brown. I love medium brown if I want a more dramatic look, but since I do have blonde hair at the moment I use soft brown more frequently. I purchased their #12 Duo Brush for applying and it has completely changed my brow game! I personally love a dramatic brow, but only when it's done right. This pomade allows you to create very natural looking "brow hairs" to feather out your brows and I use a heavier amount of product to fill in the sparse areas. I haven't touched my brow wiz pencil since I bought this and I'm not sure I will ever go back!

4. Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme
I have been using a powder under eye concealer for years and years, but for the sake of experimenting, I purchased this creamy, full coverage concealer from Kat Von D and absolutely fell in love with it. I use it to highlight under my eyes, the bridge of my nose and I also used it under my foundation to cover problem areas. I used a beauty blender to blend it out and set it with a translucent powder. It has never creased on me and stays on all day! It never looks heavy or caky and I love how many shade options are available. Kat Von D never fails to impress me, every single product I've tried, I've loved and this product is no different.

5. Morphe Brushes Pro Palette 35OM
I cannot believe I have just now discovered this brand. They offer high-quality makeup and makeup brushes for makeup artists (or anyone) at such a surprisingly affordable price. I was honestly a little apprehensive to try it because I thought there was no way I could get 35 eyeshadows for $22.99 - yes you read that right - but I went for it and ordered a few of them along with their master brush set. Out of the 3 palettes I ordered (35OM, 35OS and 35N) the 35OM is my favorite. It's all matte shades (the 35OS is the same palette, but all shimmer shades) and they are super-pigmented and so versatile. They all have a warm tone and just create the most beautiful looks whether you want natural or dramatic. I will most definitely be ordering more of these palettes in the future as I build my professional makeup kit. But, if you aren't into spending $50 on a 12-shade palette, you will be pleasantly surprised by the options you find with Morphe and the quality is just the same. Highly recommended!

Bre's Favorites:



1. Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Treatment $16
I LOVE lip products.This one by Jouer is by far my favorite that I have tried thus far! I ordered this from Nordstrom about 4 months ago. My lips tend to get really dry if I don't stay consistent with applying a lip treatment throughout the day. I use this 3-5 times a day. Its really conditioning, smells pleasant (light rose scent) and has the perfect consistency; it's not too thick to where it goops up, but it's not so thin that it just soaks in minutes after applying. It has a really pretty glossy look too! I notice my lips feel really moisturized and comfortable when I use this versus other balms I have. Choose 3 Free Samples with your Beauty or Fragrance Purchase at Nordstrom. FREE Shipping. FREE Returns.

2.  Alterna Perfect Texture Finishing Spray $28
As you can guess from the name, this spray is designed to add texture to your hair if you are going for a tousled look. I like to use this after I have curled my hair since I don't like "perfect" curls, I just like a wave and body. I spray it throughout the mid lengths and ends to give a little volume & messiness. It isn't sticky (as some texture sprays can be), and it does a good job of roughing up my hair a bit without weighing it down and making it feel dirty. It also does not have a strong scent, which is another thing I like about it!

3. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder $30
I picked this up from Ulta early on in the month and I have be really happy with it! I have pretty oily skin so I like keep it in my purse to touch up throughout the day if/when I get oily. It has a little sponge in it to apply it with. Although it looks stark white in the pan, it is translucent and does a good job of melting into my skin and not leaving me looking powdery (powdery is worse than being oily in my opinion). Sometimes I use this to set my foundation with all over when I do my makeup in the morning. If I do use it that way, I use a brush to apply it, not the sponge.

4. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation $39
This is another favorite from the brand Too Faced. This is the 3rd or 4th bottle of this foundation that I have used, I think that speaks for itself about how much I love it! I wear the shade Warm Nude. Its a medium coverage, oil free and has a satin finish. It stays on really well all day and looks pretty natural since it has a satin finish and medium coverage. If I had tried this back when I had bad acne, I would not have liked it since it isn't full coverage. Now that my skin is clearer (I still get blemishes here and there), it's perfect! This is also available at Ulta. *I will be doing a post on my clear skin, skin care routine soon!

5. Fresh Sugar Lychee Bath & Shower Gel $20
This is another product that I have bought several times! I alternate between the Sugar Lychee scent (pictured) and the Sugar Lemon scent. They both smell so so good!  It does a good job of cleaning, but it has oils in it that are moisturizing so my skin isn't left dry and stripped. The bottle usually lasts about 3 months with daily use. Its a reallynice, light and yummy body wash! I order this from Nordstrom as well.Choose 3 Free Samples with your Beauty or Fragrance Purchase at Nordstrom. FREE Shipping. FREE Returns.


What are your beauty favorites? We always love getting recommendations so please share in the comments below!
XO, Kait + Bre


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment